I have stated this many times in this blog, but I am been so happy and grateful that I have been able to overcome many of my fears. I am grateful that I have gained much more self confidence so that I can do many things and try many things.
Once a month we go visit our friends in Chengyang. When we first started going, we only visited with one family. Now it has evolved to visiting 4 different families and one single lady at the same time. It is so much fun. I am actually getting to where I can stay and talk for hours instead of the one hour I used to stay. I am much more comfortable being with people, well most people. There are still some people that I struggle to spend time with, but this too is changing.

We went to a new place last night. It was unusual and wonderful. We got to BBQ our own meat and food. These new wonderful experiences make me feel so loved by my Heavenly Father, my Savior, my husband, my family and my friends.
Even though I am far away from much of the turmoil that is going on in the rest of the world, I see it all as I check the internet. I am saddened by all the things that have happened in Paris and many other places in the world. Being with my friends here helps me to feel peace for my family while we are away. It helps me to realize that there is still good in this world.
Here are a couple of pictures of the delicious food. This may be one spot to have friends visit when they come to China.

No comments:
Post a Comment